Our Forum is very interested in your opinion of the NIST SP 800-160 second draft in the context of IT Service Management.
Provide NIST SP 800-160 Review
Some organizations have started to put the special publication into practice based on the first draft and are continuing efforts associated with changes within the second draft. This special publication is authored by Dr Ron Ross of NIST and can be found at the link provided below.
The Global Forum to Advance Cyber Resilience is interested in seeing how an organization utilizing the foundational building blocks associated with our International participants in cyber resilient IT Service Management (ITSM) can take advantage of the work to become more resilient. Our focus is on this very large and internationally recognized homogeneous domain. We are in the process of creating public and private collaborative events associated with this topic. Contact us if you are interested. Charlie Tupitza Acting CEO
Purpose: The purpose of this activity is to gather information from subject matter experts who have taken the time to study the NIST SP 800-160 second draft and provide thought leadership to our Forum identifying its value, and how to best incorporate this value into the normal operations of an organization. We intend to share this information with the NIST and other interested parties associated with our Forum. We are focused on the implications for organizations utilizing ITSM.
If you are interested in contributing thought leadership and/or participate in our private and public sector collaboration on this topic please follow the following instructions:
Please create a Word document with the following information about the SP 800-160 and submit via form below or email to <here> :
- Your name and contact information
- Background about yourself.
- Organization name
- Does your organization utilize ITIL? to what extent?
- Is there governance to do so such as the Defense Department directive to use the Defense Enterprise Service Management Framework (DESMF) or a service contract for internal or external customers?
- Does your organization currently utilize the NIST SP 800-160?
- Overall opinion of the NIST SP 800-160:
- Suggested additions to the document for improvement:
- Best attributes of the NIST SP 800-160:
- Suggested change to the document:
- How would do you think this should be used within an ITSM environment?
- Comment on change management and transition implications.
- Comment on continual improvement suggestions associated with use.
- How would this be considered in the Strategy Phase of any product or service?
- Implications for your organization as a member of a supply chain of products and or services:
- May we make this information public? If so would you like attribution, how?
- May we submit this information with other submissions to the NIST for consideration? If so with or without attribution?
- Are you willing to participate in Focus Group activities associated with this topic?